Monday, May 13, 2013

Two Hours in Durhan Beach Resort of Tabuelan, Cebu

Two Hours? That's pretty short! Well, yes, but enough to just feel a new place and chill, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

I've always thought about getting away from the city every weekend but there seems to be no chance to do so.  Thankfully I was able to do so last Saturday and it must be the beginning of my many weekend get-aways.

Why Tabuelan? Well, it wasn't really my main destination then.  I was headed for Tuburan (which I will write about in another article).  But with Php20 fare in a tricyle ride, Tabuelan is just 20 minutes away from Tuburan.  What a waste if I couldn't go there.  So there I was with a friend, took a 20-minute tricyle ride to Tabuelan, and spent the early afternoon chilling and taking photos in the quiet and humble paradise of Durhan resort.

There maybe other beautiful resorts like Durhan in Tabuelan.  But as spontaneous as I was trying to be, I didn't take the time to make a research of any resorts to go to, not even this Durhan where I went that day.  We just asked the tricyle driver for a suggestion, and when he said Durhan, then off we went.  And I was not disappointed, plans or no plans.

The beach of Durhan resort was exactly what I wanted to see and to be at that time---not the white wide beach of island resorts---but small cliffs, rocks, white beach, and powdery sand.  Amazingly, you can have your peace and quiet there despite the presence of many visitors.  And the place is just photography worthy, pro or not.  Here are some of the shots we have:
isn't the place just naturally beautiful?


an area to sit and rest after a little exploring.


at the entrance, to remember the place
you've just been to, take a moment
to pose with its name. ^^


as I was exploring the place, a stolen shot


yes, this was part of the exploration; walking around



the way in and out is through this autum-like path


The best part is, you only pay Php20 for a Durhan entry. Twenty seems a significant part of this getaway, huh. 

















2 comments: